Take each direct question and create an indirect question with an introductory phrase.
- What time does the train leave?
- How long will the meeting last?
- When does he get off work?
- Why have they waited so long to react?
- Are you coming to the party tomorrow?
- Which car should I choose?
- Where are the books for the class?
- Does he enjoy hiking?
- How much does the computer cost?
- Will they attend the conference next month?
The answers use a variety of introductory phrases. There are many introductory phrases that are correct, only one is shown. Make sure to check the word order of the second half of your answer.
- Can you tell me what time the train leaves?
- I have no idea how long the meeting will last.
- I’m not sure when he gets off work.
- Do you know why they have waited so long to react?
- I wonder if you are coming to the party tomorrow.
- I’m not sure which care I should choose.
- Can you tell me where the books for the class are?
- I don’t know if he enjoys hiking.
- Do you happen to know how much the computer costs?
- I’m not sure if they will attend the conference next month.